Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it...yet.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas

Oh, I know it's been overdone, but mine was TOO COOL not to tell you all about!

I started the day off right by still being up reading when the clock showed midnight.

It's a family tradition that Christmas Eve all the kids sleep in the same room. When we woke up, Lizzie and I dressed all of our dolls in their Christmas best (another tradition, and I pity any of you who don't have a sister to do it with. And before any of you get on at me for still playing with dolls, think of Toy Story. Yeah.) while Joseph read aloud from Luke.

Then it was time for presents! I got:
Chocolate

of many varieties

Shakespeare's Sonnets

I feel like Marianne.

Bottles

China and glass, from Joseph and Mom

A cute statuette

from Lizzie

A dress

adorable

And the Pursuit of Happiness by Maira Kalman

delightful--fills all my history nerd needs

A wonderfully soft beanie
I'm going to decorate it.

Speak Now

I love Taylor Swift.

Really pretty sticky notes

They're called "Forget-me-nots." Isn't that great?

And....ROBIN HOOD!!!!!

How I love him. I know what I'm doing this week.

Then, I read And the Pursuit of Happiness. Thick book, quick read.

I thought about watching Robin Hood, but decided to save it for my friends. However, I was in a very BBC mood, so I watched North and South instead. Who better to spend Christmas with than Richard Armitage?


Around 6:00, my aunt and uncle and cousins and their family came over for dinner. It was delicious: ham, potatoes, pumpkin biscuits, carrots, salad, and poni popo. (My uncle's Samoan.)

All in all, a thoroughly delightful holiday.
Merry Christmas!




5 comments:

  1. Speak now is my favorite album currently. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat!!!!!!! I am so happy some one else knows about north and south, it is so amazing!!! I have only watched about 3 episodes so far because of my lack of free time but i positively love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh* that made me feel almost as good as pretend drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read that and decided I should clarify a little. Pretend drugs=endorphins (aka: running) Oh, and P.S. ROBIN HOOD and ANNE OF GREEN GABLES by which I mean GILBERT!!!! yes. yes and more yesses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grrr... How dare you watch North and South w/o me! Poni Popo is the best! I think I'll make them for dinner tonight...

    ReplyDelete